Thursday, December 30, 2010

Where is The Love? Part 3 by LaShawn Sithole (Sit OH' lay)

Welcome Back! A Warm Welcome New and Veteran Readers from: S. Korea, Iran, Tunisia, India, United Arab Emirates, Slovenia, Philippines, Taiwan, Denmark, US, UK, Canada, Netherlands, Egypt and Nepal. Thank You So Much for Joining Us!!!

Our main verse comes from Matthew 22:37-39. Jesus replied, “You must love The Lord Your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind...love your neighbor as yourself."

TODAY’S FOCUS: 

HOW DO WE LOVE GOD WITH ALL OF OUR MINDS?


First, the mind is defined as the reasoning facility of an individual, one’s memory and one’s intention. That’s why we say, “I have a mind (or in some cases ½ a mind) to do or not to do something.

So, when we love God with all of our mind, we set out an intention to put into our memory the things that God says.

We are told in 2 Corinthians 2:16 that we have the very mind of Christ.  What this means is that as we seek to mature spiritually, we must make up our mind to know God’s Will. This is the first step to obedience.

And just what is God’s Will?  I am glad that you asked.  It is God’s Divine Intention and the thing that He desires.  We are blessed to have it all recorded in His Word, the Holy Bible. 

My girlfriend reminded me that the other day that the letters BIBLE stand for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

So, then, it stands to reason that when we love God with all of our mind, we will: Study; ***Pray and ***Praise God. 

(Note: ***Denotes topics covered in the next post)

I. Study as 2 Timothy 2:15 tells us “Work hard so God can say to you, “Well done.” Be a good workman, one who does not need to be ashamed when God examines your work. Know what His Word says and means. (The Living Bible)



II. ***Pray as recommended in 2 Chronicles 7:14 “…then if my people will humble themselves and pray and search for me, and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear them from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land.  

and 1 Thessalonians 5:17) which tells us “Always keep on praying.” Then lastly we:
  
III. ***Praise Him (See the Book of Psalms for awesome examples of praise)
I found it interesting to note that Psalm 107 verses 8, 15, 21, and 31 are identical. It reminds me of a chorus and must be important to praise. Look closely are the words which read:

“Oh, that these men would praise The LORD for His Lovingkindness and for All His Wonderful Deeds!”

When we engage our minds for Scriptural study with a heartfelt intention, God’s Spirit will interpret just what God wants us to understand.  Yes, God’s Holy Spirit will make deposits of understanding into the minds of true believers. 

This is great because it gives us the opportunity to help others. Check out 1 Corinthians 2:10, 13-14

10 But we know about these things because God has sent His Spirit to tell us, and His Spirit searches out and shows us all of God’s deepest secrets.

13 In telling you about these gifts we have even used the very words given to us by The Holy Spirit, not words that we as men might choose. So we use The Holy Spirit’s Words to explain The Holy Spirit’s facts.

14 But the man who isn’t a Christian can’t understand and can’t accept these thoughts from God, which The Holy Spirit teaches us. They sound foolish to him, because only those who have The Holy Spirit within them can understand what the Holy Spirit means. Others just can’t take it in.


~~~~~~~~~~~

My Testimony…One day I went to a client’s office to discuss (I thought) a diversity workshop contract.  When I got there, there was a young woman with whom I had once worked, who seemed to have something troubling her. Big time!

I asked her repeatedly if she was ok and she said yes. Feeling in my spirit that this was not the case, I asked her to follow me to my car. Once there, I did not say a word, but instead I played “It’s Only a Test” for her in the cd of my car and she began to cry.  She thanked me and when she did, I grabbed her hands and prayed for her aloud. 

She thanked me again and told me that she had never had anyone pray for her like that before. I didn’t plan that! Just did it. Here is that song. Sometimes a song is just what you need to hear from God.

(I recommend that you play this song often to encourage yourself through tough times. Listen to the words and vocal parts. Oh, I just love it! "Hold Onnn, be Strong. It's Only a Test!!!") Look closely and you will notice that I chose the video also includes the words... just in case you want to sing along!)

After I played her this song and prayer, I decided to kidnap her and take her to lunch.  While we were there, she opened up told me that she had divorced her husband and they had decided to get back together.  As they were “working things out” she discovered that he was having an affair with the same woman he had had an affair with before.

I mostly listened and marveled at how God gave me just the thing to say to comfort her. I was grateful for that.
At a lunch meeting the very next day, I saw this woman with a glowing smile enter our restaurant. I looked up and to my surprise, it was my friend! She had her hair/makeup together and was dressed a nice outfit to go with that big bright smile. I got up from the table and embraced her. 

I was like, “Wow! Look at you!  You don’t even look like the same person that I talked to yesterday!”

She said, “Yeah, God is doing some things in me.” I told her, “And He will continue to do so, too.” What a blessing that was from God to direct her toward me, to allow me to see, with my own eyes, the effects of Him transforming her by the renewing her of mind.

Now, If I had not studied God’s Word, I would not have been able to discuss with her about being ‘unequally yoked’ nor could I have told her how God can regulate our minds and give us peace by thinking of Him. 

There would have been no way to share with her how we may cast our cares upon Him, nor how He has promised to supply all of our needs, without the intentional study of His Word.

Many times people will try to use only their intellect to interpret God’s Word.  When they do this they will undoubtedly misquote and misinterpret it.  Take a look at: 1 Corinthians 3:19-20. I just love how God says that He will make the wisest of men sound like fools.

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As it says in the book of Job, God uses man’s own brilliance to trap him; he stumbles over his own “wisdom” and falls.

20 And again, in the book of Psalms, we are told that The LORD knows full well how the human mind reasons, and how foolish and futile it is.

Since we know that Satan is the ‘author of confusion,’ we need clarity from God.This Divine Clarity comes from study and prayer. Which brings us to our next point…stay tuned for Where is the Love, Part 4... We will pick up here!

Thanks for reading and sharing!  Big Blessings to Each of You!

No comments:

Post a Comment