Monday, November 8, 2010

Proverbs 7 - Say What??? That's in there?!

The following bolded verses spoke to me in my personal study of Proverbs 7:

V1 Follow my advice, my son, always keep it in mind and stick to it.

V2 Obey me and live! Guard my words as your most precious possession.

V3 Write them down, and also keep them deep within your heart.

V4 Love wisdom like a sweetheart; make her a beloved member of your family.

V5 Let her hold you back from visiting a prostitute, from listening to her flattery.

V6-27 “I was looking out the window of my house one day, and saw a simple minded lad, a young man lacking common sense, walking at twilight down the street to the house of this wayward girl, a prostitute.  She approached him, saucy and pert, and dressed seductively.  She was the brash, coarse type, seen often in the streets and markets, soliciting at every corner for men to be her lovers.

She put her arms around him and kissed him, and with a saucy look she said, “I’ve decided to forget our quarrel!  I was just coming to look for you and here you are! My bed is spread with lovely, colored sheets of the finest linen imported from Egypt, perfumed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.  Come on, let’s take our fill of love until morning, for my husband is away on a long trip.  He has taken a wallet full of money with him, and won’t return for several days.”

So she seduced him with her pretty speech, her coaxing and her wheedling, until he yielded to her.  He couldn’t resist her flattery.  He followed her as an ox going to the butcher, or as a stag that is trapped, waiting to be killed with an arrow through its heart.  He was as a bird flying into a snare, not knowing the fate awaiting there.

Listen to me, young men, and not only listen but obey; don’t let your desires get out of hand; don’t let yourself think about her.  Don’t go near her; stay away from where she walks, lest she tempt you and seduce you.  For she has been the ruin of multitudes –a vast host of men have been her victims.  If you want to find the road to hell, look for her house.
*Doesn't that read like a novel or perhaps some real life bad choices?  It does to me.  I remember being little, reading that and saying, "Wow! That's in the Bible? It's some pretty interesting stuff in there!"*


~~~~~~~
About 2 months ago, I began this "Walk Through Proverbs on another site. I enjoyed doing it so much that I decided to repost and update it on this site for my regular readers.

The goal is to get people reading The Word of God from all over the world.  Thanks to YOU we are 52 countries strong!  

Thank You So Much for Reading and Sharing!

I look forward to hearing from you and pray that God opens up heaven to those seeking to know and do His Perfect Will.

The Blessing is on You!





No comments:

Post a Comment