Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Your Choice - Killer Complacency or Wisdom? They are both in there! * Proverbs 1

This is a daily look into The Proverbs, Round 10. (ding, ding!) You can call this 'the remix' - as daily readers are updated and each entry will end with music unlike the earlier posts. I am excited to have you join us.


This marks the seventh month of reposting a daily dose of Proverbs. God is Faithful and for that we should be, too! To GOD Be The Glory!!!
Thank you and Welcome Today's Readers from: Pakistan, Indonesia, Singapore, Austria, Philippines, Germany, Canada, India, United Kingdom, United States, Turkey, Ireland, and France. 

Welcome NEW Readers from: Norway and Latvia!!! We are so blessed that You All have joined us! Thank you so much for Reading and Sharing God's Word around the world.

Since today is the first of the month, we will once again begin with chapter one. Every day until we finish, you are invited to join us in reading one chapter per day. We recommend reading it after asking God what He wants you to get from it and then jotting down the number or verses that resonate in your spirit.

In His Awesomeness, God is able to communicate with us individually and uniquely using His Word. So how cool would it be to see what others are gleaning from studying the same text over the next month?  I’d love to know.

Recently, I saw a long time colleague that I hadn’t seen in a while.  When she asked how I had been, I said to her "God is Good!"  To that she replied, “Oh yeah??? I’d like to hear about what He’s been up to these days.”  

Well, that's kinda how I'm feeling now. 

Eucolia Erby, Sr. * aka Granddaddy
All of my study will come from the very first Bible translation that I ever got.  It was the Children’s Living Bible and presented to me by my Grandfather, Eucolia Erby, three days after I got baptized in October 1974.  I have since gone through the original binding after 36 years, but thanks to An Awesome God and Amazon, I have a couple of backup copies now!

Proverbs chapter one... Hmmm, what can I say?  

What a wonderful foundation!  Because this is so good, I typed the following scriptures to illustrate the need for such a study. A foundation provides the stability to support the weight of its structure.  So who do you know that has successfully built  a mansion on a foundation the size of a shed? 

I'm just saying...

Proverbs 1

1  These are the proverbs of King Solomon of Israel, David’s son.

2  He wrote them to teach his people how to live-how to act in every circumstance,
 
3  for he wanted them to be understanding, just and fair in everything they did.
 
4  “I want to make the simple minded wise!” he said. “I want to warn young men about some problems they will face. 
5-6  I want those already wise to become wiser and become leaders by exploring the depths of meaning in these nuggets of truth.”

7-9  “How does a man become wise? The first step is to trust and reverence The LORD! Only fools refuse to be taught.
  Listen to your father and mother.  What you learn from them will stand you in good stead; it will gain you many honors.

10 If young toughs tell you, "Come and join us" --- turn your back on them!

11-14 "We'll hide and rob and kill," they say. Good or bad, we'll treat them all alike. And the loot we'll get! All kinds of stuff! Come on, throw in your lot with us; we'll split with you in equal shares."

15-16 Don't do it, son! Stay far from men like that, for crime is their way of life, and murder is their specialty.

17-18  When a bird sees a trap being set, it stays away, but not these men; they set a trap for themselves.

19 Such is the fate of all who live by violence and murder. They will die a violent death.

20  Wisdom shouts in the streets for a hearing.

21 She calls out to the crowds along Main Street, and to the judges in their courts, and to everyone in the land:

22 "You simpletons!" she cries. "How long will you go on being fools? How long will you scoff at wisdom and fight the facts?

23  Come here and listen to me!  I’ll pour out the spirit of wisdom upon you, and make you wise.

24  I have called you so often but still you won’t come.  I have pleaded but all in vain.

25 For you have spurned my counsel and reproof.

26 Some day you'll be in trouble, and I'll laugh! Mock me, will you? --- I'll mock you!

27-28 When a storm of terror surrounds you, and when you are engulfed by anguish and distress, then I will not answer your cry for help. It will be too late though you search for me ever so anxiously.

29  For you closed your eyes to the facts and did not choose to reverence and trust The LORD.

30 and you turned your back on me, spurning my advice.

31 That is why you must eat the bitter fruit of having your own way, and experience the full terrors of the pathway you have chosen.

32 ***For you turned away from me - to death; your own complacency will kill you. Fools!***

33  But all who listen to me shall live in peace and safety, unafraid.
------------------------
All of these spoke to me collectively and inspired me to continue into  Proverbs for this fourth time.  While I love all of this knowledge, my favorite verses are 23 and 33.  


Both are awesome promises, aren't they?!?

Which verses moved you?  Which translation are you using?

Please understand that your verses need not be the same ones already discussed.  

In fact, if they aren't the same, just imagine how rich this could be with multiple contributions?!  

You never know, this could be life changing for people who happen upon it, so please feel free to share.  

That’s our job as Kingdom Builders. Right?

Big Blessings to You!!! Enjoy this treat by Donald Lawrence. 

Thanks again for Reading and Sharing!



All Photo Credits: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment