Monday, September 20, 2010

Young women should learn from the 20/20 hindsight of the mature

By Sharon Watkins-Jones

Conventional wisdom says that men in their forties and fifties experience midlife crises. That's too bad for them!

Women I know in their forties, including me, are experiencing a midlife ego explosion.   It's a tremendous second wind. Some of us have completed our baby-tending era and many of us are just getting started.  In any event, we forty-somethings feel like we can conquer the world, or not.  We do what we like.  In the mornings when I step out of my car and walk into the office, I'm positive I can hear Patti LaBelle singing, "hey sista, go sista, soul sista, go sista!"


Click here for entire article



Sharon is a community college administrator, former special education teacher, wife of 17 years and mother of two school-age children in northwest Houston. Her primary interests are family-inclusive culture and arts, travel, politics, historical literature, Texas Longhorns and all things Disney.


No comments:

Post a Comment