Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Proverbs 4 - Recipe for Wisdom? Yes, it's in there!

Thank you for joining us on Day 4! 

To our veteran readers: Thanks so much for sharing all of our posts! (I see you.) Please know that your encouragement and support are greatly appreciated and priceless!!! "Let the Word Do the Work" by Donald Lawrence seems like the perfect way to begin this post. Enjoy!


The verses highlighted in my study follow.  Please feel free to share yours too!  May God Bless You Abundantly!
~~~~~~~
PROVERBS 4
V1 Young men, listen to me as you would to your father.  Listen, and grow wise, for I speak the truth---don’t turn away.

V5 Learn to be wise, he said, and develop good judgment and common sense! I cannot overemphasize this point.

V6 Cling to wisdom – she will protect you.  Love her – she will guard you.

V7 Determination to be wise is the first step toward becoming wise! And with your wisdom, develop common sense and good judgment.

V8,9 If you exalt wisdom, she will exalt you.  Hold her fast and she will lead you to great honor; she will place a beautiful crown upon your head.

V10 My son, listen to me and do as I say and you will have a long, good life.

V11 I would have you learn this great fact:  that a life of doing right is the wisest life there is.

V12 If you live that kind of life, you’ll not limp or stumble as you run.

V13 Carry out my instructions; don’t forget them,for they will lead you to real living.

V14 Don’t do as the wicked do.

V15 Avoid their haunts – turn away, go somewhere else, for evil men don’t sleep until they’ve done their evil deed for the day.  They can’t rest unless they cause someone to stumble and fall.

V18 But the good man walks along in the ever-brightening light of God’s Favor; the dawn gives way to morning splendor.

V19 while the evil man gropes and stumbles in the dark.

V20 Listen, son of mine, to what I say.  Listen carefully.
~~~~~~~


 Welcome New Readers from Mexico, Denmark and Singapore! Welcome Back Readers from: United States, India, Slovenia, Philippines, Singapore, Canada, South Korea and South Africa! 
Thank You So Much for Sharing. 
Big Blessings to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment